Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is seeking one full time Anthropologist/ Social Scientist working on clinical research projects at the Epidemiology and Public Health Unit. Based in Phnom Penh, possibly short trips in provinces depending on projects.
- Language required: Khmer and good in English (or French)
- Place: in Koh Nhek and inside nearby forested areas (2 months) and in forest environments in two other districts to be defined (2 months)
- Starting date: March 2019 to June 2019 (4 months)
- Master’s or Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in psychology, history, anthropology or sociology, among other subject areas.
- Familiarity with technical and mathematical fields related to social and behavioral sciences.
- Experience with MS Office 2010 or newer versions is required.
- Working knowledge of using Focus Group Discussions and related software
- Follow instructions from the Project Leader about the nature of the research to be carried out
- Use an appropriate and creative methodology to design and manage a research project, which may involve the use of quantitative and/or qualitative methods and may include both pilot and development work
- Design and write questionnaires and surveys
- Apply a range of research techniques to gather relevant information, including document analysis, surveys, case studies and interviews
- Develop and test theories
- Liaise with and direct social research field interviewers to gather information
- Carry out information and data retrieval searches using electronic databases
- Analyse and evaluate research and interpret data, making sure you’ve identified key issues
- Gather information by directing or carrying out fieldwork
- Prepare, present and disseminate results
- Offer research-based briefings and advice, which may involve writing action plans
- Advise external bodies on social policy
- Prepare and present tenders for new research projects.
The complete application file including a curriculum vitae with a recent photo, cover letter and salary expectation, copies of diplomas, work certificates if any, Identity Card photocopy – all certified documents to the originals – need to be sent to the Human Resources department, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number: 092 777 665, Institut Pasteur du Cambodge, #5 Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh.
Deadline March 10th, 2019