Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is seeking one full time Financial Officer working on clinical research projects at the Epidemiology and Public Health Unit. Based in Phnom Penh, possibly short trips in provinces depending on projects.
- Language required: Khmer and good in English (or French)
- Place: in Phnom Penh and willing to travel
- Starting date: March 2019 end date December 2020
- Budget management in accordance to Global Fund and UNOPS funded project
- Work closely with respective internal and external stakeholders for budget preparation and budget management.
- Coordinate the budgets preparation with Project Principal Investigator, IPC Finance and Administration office, Project Partners and UNOPS.
- Lead budget preparation and oversight
- Ensure budgets are set-up and managed in UNOPS system
- Ensuring all GF budgets and budget amendments are timely, accurate and compliant.
- Provide support to resolve recorded budget errors and take timely remedial actions;
- Provides direct support and advice for financial proposal non-compliant to UNOPS pricing and costing policies.
- Oversee the review of actual expenditures and analysis of budget utilization reports.
- Control of Project cash management
- Timely review of cash position and funds received from the donor.
- Ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements and adequate cash flow in the system to support successful implementation.
- Liaise closely with the project management, procurement, and finance teams on cash forecasting of grant payments.
- Work closely with procurement team to oversee the entire procurement from financial perspective and ensure that cash or advance financing is allocated timely and accurately.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial reports to donors in accordance with the established procedures.
- Review for accuracy of all financial reports generated.
- Provide advice and inputs on financial reporting of partners.
- Provide support to partners in risk management and monitoring of the risk matrix
- Supervise timely and proper financial and grant closure process of completed projects and submission of donor report.
- Contribute to responses to internal and external audit queries and observations related to financial report.
- Manage responses to the donor or fund agent related to financial reporting matters.
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective recruitment, work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
Perform other relevant duties as required by supervisor
- At least Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s degree in accounting, financial management, treasury management or related field preferred
- Strong logistical experience and skills in rural areas;
- Good knowledge of donor organizations and experience in working in health projects would be an asset;
- Good communication, both in oral and written is required;
- Ability to work with Ms office software like Word, Excel, Power Point and electronic mail programs;
- Be active and sound like a good team player and Good interpersonal Communication;
- Good Governance;
- Be patient and have good work commitment.
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting
- Project Management
- International Development Sector experience
The complete application file including a curriculum vitae with a recent photo, cover letter and salary expectation, copies of diplomas, work certificates if any, Identity Card photocopy – all certified documents to the originals – need to be sent to the Human Resources department, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number: 092 777 665, Institut Pasteur du Cambodge, #5 Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh.
Deadline March 10th, 2019