For many years the Clinical Laboratory of Institut Pasteur du Cambodge has been committed to a quality approach according to the standard Guide de Bonne Exécution des Analyses (GBEA) and in compliance with the different practical standards, especially the standard ISO 15189. This quality approach allowed the implementation of an efficient system of management and quality assurance.
This system constantly improving ensures:
- the quality of the analysis
- good listening to the patients, medical doctors and correspondents to identify their needs
- the competence of the staff
- dysfunctions taken into account with implementation of corrective actions
- confidentiality of information related to our patients
The laboratory checks the accuracy of the analysis results by performing quality control:
- Internal: every analytical parameter is checked everyday
- External: by taking part in external quality assessments (certificates of participation enclosed) in order to compare ourselves with other laboratories:
– Association de Biologie Praticienne (ABP, France): hematology, serology, bacteriology, parasitology, mycology.
– Bio-Rad (USA): biochemistry
– Centre Toulousain pour le Contrôle de Qualité en Biologie Clinique (CTCB, France) : serology
– Centre Lyonnais pour la PROmotion de la BIOlogie et du contrôle de QUALité (PRO.BIO.QUAL, France): hematology, coagulation, immunology
– College of American Pathologists (CAP, USA): mycobacteriology
– External Quality Assurance (EQUAS) : bacteriology
– UK-NEQAS (Great Britain): CD3/CD4/CD8 lymphocytes
– The Research Institute of Tuberculosis (Supranational Laboratory-Japan)/ National Center for Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control (NTP-Cambodia) (RIT/CENAT) : mycobacteriology
– Quality Assessment and Standardization for Immunological Measures (QASI) : immunology
– Roche External Quality Control Programm in Clinical Chemistry (REQC) : Biochemistry
Our continuous quality improvement approach is supported by a quality management system combining several actions:
- writing and systematic diffusion to the staff of the quality documents (standard operating procedure (SOP), …)
- interpretation of the results of the quality controls
- maintenance of the devices (internal maintenance and maintenance contracts with the suppliers approved by manufacturers)
- stock management of reagents (software used to avoid stock shortage and expiration of reagents)
- real time monitoring of the temperature of thermal enclosures (use of a specific software)
A plan for in-house training of the staff, as well as a technological development monitoring, allow us to maintain our high level of technical skill and to control our analytical tool.
We want to meet our patients’ expectations and to collaborate with our partners in a climate of confidence based on the quality of the work that we run daily.