DEADLINE : June 30, 2021
Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) will recruit one full time Study Field Worker / Research Assistant to work on clinical research studies at the Clinical Research Group of the Epidemiology and Public Health Unit with one-year renewable contract based in Ang Roka District in Takeo Province.
- Language required : Khmer and English
- Nurse or Field Worker with at least 2 years’ experience in hospital work, preferably in pediatric ward or experience of data collection at health facilities
- Must have: strong communication skills with the public as well as physicians and health care co-workers
- Knowledge about medical terminology, tuberculosis, pediatric care will be an asset.
We are looking for one Nurse or a Field Worker/ Research Assistant base at Ang Roka District in Takeo province as a Field Worker/ Research Assistant. He/she will be responsible for the coordination and preparation of five health facilities; including the district referral hospital of Ang Roka, and four health centers in Ang Rokar district, for the implementation of the intervention phase activities of the study, with respect of the study protocol and procedures, following Good Clinical Practices.
He/she will act as liaison between the Clinical Research Group and the Health Facilities participating to the clinical research. He/she is under the supervision of the Study Project Manager and of the Head Clinical Research Group.
- Preparing health facilities and participating in the implementation of the qualitative assessment:
a. Collect qualitative data
b. Collect aggregated data
c. Conduct exhaustiveness checks
d. Participate to the procurement assessment and supply
- Preparing and coordinating the implementation of the intervention in the different health facilities of the district
a. Participation in the training of the Heath facility staff
b. Supervision of the respect of the study procedures and data collection by the health facility staff
c. Participation in the district implementation and country coordination team meetings
d. Weekly targeted to support supervision in each study site (one site per day)
e. Participation in the clinical mentoring and complementary support supervision visits
f. Supervision of the patients and samples referral
g. Reporting to the project manager
- Basic training in health sciences (Bachelors/ Diploma in Community Health, Public Health, Nurse, Health promotion, Health Research) or a related discipline.
- Ability to understand distance learning trainings on Tuberculosis, Pediatrics and Study procedures
- Understanding of the regulatory context, good clinical practices and standard operating procedures
- Working experience in research in conducting surveys/interviews in resource constrained settings is an added advantage
- Communication skills and a good interpersonal relationship
- Ability to work independently, coupled with management and organizational skills
- Availability to travel weekly to each health facility participating to the study
- Ability to adequately complete a site visit report
- Ability to follow meetings by visio.
The complete application includes a cover letter – with salary expectations, copies of diplomas if any, work certificates, curriculum vitae with a recent photo, Identity Card photocopy – all certified documents to the originals – are to be sent to the Human Resources department of Institut Pasteur du Cambodge #5, Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh or by email to: [email protected], phone number: 092 777 665.