Clinical Research Laboratory Monitor for the Epidemiology and Public Health Unit
Deadline: June 27th, 2022
Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) will recruit a full time Clinical Research Laboratory Monitor to work on clinical research studies at the Clinical Research Group of the Epidemiology and Public Health Unit with a one-year renewable contract.
- Language required: Khmer and English
- References required
- Experience: at least 2 years in laboratory work
The Clinical Research Laboratory Monitor will be based in Phnom Penh at the Institut Pasteur du Cambodge. He/she will act as liaison between the Clinical Research Group, the Central Laboratory and the laboratory and clinical teams at health facilities level participating to clinical research (study sites).
He/she will be under the supervision of the Head of the Clinical Research Group.
- Assess the facilities and the capacities of the laboratories involved in the clinical studies
- Develop all requested Laboratory SOPs and adapt International Sampling and Laboratory SOPs to the national context for study sites and Central Laboratories and contribute to their regular up-date
- Create laboratory request form, sample flow chart, and sample monitoring/tracking tools
- Ensure proper packaging and transportation of biological samples from study sites to central laboratory and to other laboratories participating to the clinical study
- Ensure all study documents related to laboratory activities are properly filled-up, appropriately archived and retrievable for monitoring purposes
- Contribute to strengthening the capabilities of laboratories of the study sites, providing specific training when needed
- Ensure the implementation and application of laboratory techniques required for the purposes of studies at the hospitals participating to clinical research
- Ensure appropriate stocks of reagent and material in the laboratories of the hospitals participating to clinical research
- Check that preventive maintenance is properly managed on site and provide the needed tools
- Ensure that External Quality Assessments are properly conducted and satisfactory at the laboratories participating to Clinical Research
- Contribute to the biological samples and results managements and follow-up
- Enter laboratory results in the dedicate databases
- Produce a monthly report and follow-up tables and provide needed biological information to study team
- Participate in regular meetings led by the study project manager and/ or study investigators upon request
- Constitute the biobank implemented for the studies and manage it through the dedicated database
- Technical diploma or associate degree of medical laboratory or bachelor’s degree in Biological Science and Health related fields
- Good knowledge of laboratory and mycobacteriology
- At least an Intermediate level of English language
- Good computer knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Good at working as a team
- A detail-oriented, well-organized, and dependable individual
- Available to start from July, 2022
The complete application includes a cover letter – with salary expectations, copies of diplomas if any, work certificates, curriculum vitae with a recent photo, Identity Card photocopy – all certified documents to the originals – are to be sent to the Human Resources department of Institut Pasteur du Cambodge #5, Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh or by email to: [email protected], phone number: 092 777 665.