Clinical Research Laboratory Monitor for the Epidemiology and Public Health Unit
Deadline: November 25th, 2022
The Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is a Cambodian non-for-profit research institution established in 1953, Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is today a scientific research establishment declared of public utility placed under the high patronage of the Ministry of Health of the Kingdom of Cambodia and under the responsibility of the Institute Pasteur on the scientific and technical levels. The IPC is a member of the Pasteur Network, which brings together 33 institutes present on five continents. It shares the Pasteurian values and the ethical charter to which the Pasteur Institutes are bound. Th e IPC has more than 250 employees, including about 30 expatriates of 10 nationalities and includes 5 research units. It carries out research activities in health biology, public health and service activities (Medical Biology Laboratory, vaccinations and water and food analyses) and training.
Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) will recruit a full time Clinical Research Laboratory Monitor to work on clinical research studies at Epidemiology and Public Health Unit, under the supervision of the Head of the Clinical Research Group.
- Full time with one year fixed duration contract, renewable
- based in Phnom Penh
- References required
- Available to start from December 1st, 2022
- Act as liaison between the Clinical Research Group, the Central Laboratory and the laboratory and clinical teams at health facilities level participating to clinical research (study sites).
- Assess the facilities and the capacities of the laboratories involved in the clinical studies
- Develop all requested Laboratory SOPs and adapt International Sampling and Laboratory SOPs to the national context for study sites and Central Laboratories and contribute to their regular up-date.
- Create laboratory request form, sample flow chart, and sample monitoring/tracking tools
- Ensure proper packaging and transportation of biological samples from study sites to central laboratory and to other laboratories participating to the clinical study
- Ensure all study documents related to laboratory activities are properly filled-up, appropriately archived and retrievable for monitoring purposes
- Contribute to strengthening the capabilities of laboratories of the study sites, providing specific training when needed
- Ensure the implementation and application of laboratory techniques required for the purposes of studies at the hospitals participating to clinical research
- Ensure appropriate stocks of reagent and material in the laboratories of the hospitals participating to clinical research
- Check that preventive maintenance is properly managed on site and provide the needed tools
- Ensure that External Quality Assessments are properly conducted and satisfactory at the laboratories participating to Clinical Research
- Contribute to the biological samples and results managements and follow-up;
- Enter laboratory results in the dedicate databases
- Produce a monthly report and follow-up tables and provide needed biological information to study team
- Participate in regular meetings led by the study project manager and/ or study investigators upon request
- Constitute the biobank implemented for the studies and manage it through the dedicated database.
- Technical diploma or associate degree of medical laboratory or bachelor’s degree in Biological Science and Health related fields
- Language required: Khmer and English (at least an Intermediate level of English language)
- Experience: at least 2 years in laboratory work
- Good knowledge of laboratory and mycobacteriology
- Good computer knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Good at working as a team
- A detail-oriented, well-organized, and dependable individual
The complete application includes a cover letter – with salary expectations, copies of diplomas if any, work certificates, curriculum vitae with a recent photo, Identity Card photocopy – all certified documents to the originals – are to be sent to the Human Resources department of Institut Pasteur du Cambodge #5, Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh or by email to: [email protected], phone number: 092 777 665.