Two Field Research Assistants in Takeo Province for Medical Biology Laboratory
Deadline: February 20th, 2023
The Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is a Cambodian non-for-profit research institution established in 1953, IPC is today a scientific research establishment declared of public utility placed under the high patronage of the Ministry of Health of the Kingdom of Cambodia and under the responsibility of the Institute Pasteur on the scientific and technical levels. The IPC is a member of the Pasteur Network, which brings together 33 institutes present on five continents. It shares the Pasteurian values and the ethical charter to which the Pasteur Institutes are bound. The IPC has more than 250 employees, including about 30 expatriates of 10 nationalities and includes 5 research units. It carries out research activities in health biology, public health and service activities (Medical Biology Laboratory, vaccinations and water and food analyses) and training.
The lnstitut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is recruiting two full time field research assistants based in Takeo Province to work on a research project focusing on antibiotic resistance in Medical Biology Laboratory for a 6 month contract.
- Cambodian nationality
- Diploma in health community, nurse, technician, or any health research related certificate from Institute or University
- Language required: English and/or French in addition to Khmer
- Based in Takeo province
- Available to start as soon as possible
- Serves under the authority of the study clinical investigator from Takeo and IPC project investigators
- Identify eligible patients for field mission
- Planning or arranging field mission and collecting field sampling in Takeo province
- Ensure inform consents and questionnaire are completed and organized
- Ensure all samples are collected as according to standard procedure
- Manage specimens in the framework of the project and transfer to IPC
- Data entry and data transfer to data manager in IPC
- Perform other tasks assigned by hospital clinical investigator and IPC project investigator
- Experience in research or surveys/interviews conducting research or field mission related experience with people at the community level
- Experience in collecting sample from environment or animals is added advantage
- Good team work, communication, meticulous and autonomous
- Ability of organize or manage the field mission and travel to a site visit
- Ability to report and follow the meeting to IPC project investigators
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, Power Point and social networking
The complete application includes a cover letter – with salary expectations, copies of diplomas if any, work certificates, curriculum vitae with a recent photo, Identity Card photocopy – all certified documents to the originals – are to be sent to the Human Resources department of Institut Pasteur du Cambodge #5, Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh or by email to: [email protected], phone number: 092 777 665.