One Laboratory Technician for the Medical Biology Laboratory
Deadline: March 20th, 2023
The Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is a Cambodian non-for-profit research institution established in 1953, IPC is today a scientific research establishment declared of public utility placed under the high patronage of the Ministry of Health of the Kingdom of Cambodia and under the responsibility of the Institute Pasteur on the scientific and technical levels. The IPC is a member of the Pasteur Network, which brings together 33 institutes present on five continents. It shares the Pasteurian values and the ethical charter to which the Pasteur Institutes are bound. The IPC has more than 250 employees, including about 30 expatriates of 10 nationalities and includes 5 research units. It carries out research activities in health biology, public health and service activities (Medical Biology Laboratory, vaccinations and water and food analyses) and training.
The lnstitut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is recruiting one full time laboratory technician based in the Medical Biology Laboratory for Blood Analysis Lab.
- Cambodian nationality
- Technical diploma or certificate from Institute or University
- Fresh graduated is accepted
- Language required: English or French
- Available to start as soon as possible
- Routine work: prepare and control automates before performing (maintenance, calibrations, internal quality control), follow the internal quality controls, know how to recognize a drift of automats, check and prepare patient samples, perform Hematology, Biochemistry, and Immuno-serology tests according to good practice (follow the instructions in the quality documents), realize technical manual with know how to read the peripheral blood smear.
- Maintain the workstation and the equipment; in particular by carrying out the maintenances, respecting the procedures applicable to the laboratory, participate in the development, implementation and improvement of the laboratory quality system.
- Ensure the implementation of internal and external quality system
- Perform other related tasks as needed
- Knowledge in Hematology, Biochemistry, and Immuno-serology
- Familiar with good laboratory practices
- Good team work, communication, rigorous and autonomous
- Dynamic character and eager to learn
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, Power Point
The complete application includes a cover letter – with salary expectations, copies of diplomas if any, work certificates, curriculum vitae with a recent photo, Identity Card photocopy – all certified documents to the originals – are to be sent to the Human Resources department of Institut Pasteur du Cambodge #5, Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh or by email to: [email protected] phone number: 092 777 665.