Medical & Occupational Health Doctor
Deadline: February 22nd, 2024.
The Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is a Cambodian non-for-profit research institution established in 1953, IPC is today a scientific research establishment declared of public utility placed under the high patronage of the Ministry of Health of the Kingdom of Cambodia and under the responsibility of the Institute Pasteur on the scientific and technical levels. The IPC is a member of the Pasteur Network, which brings together 33 institutes present on five continents. It shares the Pasteurian values and the ethical charter to which the Pasteur Institutes are bound. The IPC has more than 250 employees, including about 30 expatriates of 16 nationalities and includes 5 research units. It carries out research activities in health biology, public health and service activities (Medical Biology Laboratory, vaccinations and water and food analyses) and training.
The Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is looking for a qualified Medical and Occupational Health Doctor as full-time staff at Institut Pasteur du Cambodge. The initial contract is offered for 1 year (renewable) according to Staff performance.
Recruitment conditions :
- Cambodian nationality
- Language skill required: English and/or French in addition to Khmer
- At least 2 years’ experience in related work field
- References required
- Available to start as soon as possible
Main Responsibilities :
– Consultation Doctor
- Carry out medical biology procedures in a preventive, diagnostic approach.
- Providing the consultation/prescription to the patient
- Interpret the results and provide advisory services
- Must be committed to impartiality
- The management of patient information shall include privacy and confidentiality
- Must maintain and improve his/her knowledge in compliance with his/her obligation of continuing professional development
– HIV Consultation-Prevention and Testing
- Identify possible risk factors and give advice on prevention
- Advise and help the HIV-positive patient in early treatment
- Advise and help the HIV-positive patient in early care
- Maintain the confidentiality of information
- Report the activity every month to the head of LBM, Director of IPC and quarterly at NCHARDS
– Occupational Health Doctor
- To manage the health and safety for staff in IPC
- To prevent and treat work-related injuries and illnesses and to promote the overall health and well-being of employees.
- Develop and implement workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Monitoring the aptitude of IPC staff according to their professional work tasks
- Conduct pre-employment medical examinations. Conduct medical exams to ensure that the individual is fit to work in a particular job and that their health does not pose a risk to themselves or others.
- Identify the obligation of Vaccine according to the role of staff & follow up
- Ensure medical examination for fitness to return after sick leave
- Organize and ensure annual medical check for staff
- Work accidents
- Organize the initial management and the monitoring of Accidental Blood Exposure (ABE)
- Provide or organize medical care for workplace injuries and illnesses: If an employee suffers an injury or illness related to their work, Phyician may provide medical treatment and manage their recovery.
- Prevention Activities
- Ensure The protection of workers against all nuisances, and in particular against the risks of work accidents or exposure to dangerous chemical agents
- health prevention and education within the establishment in relation to Professional activity
- improving living and working conditions in the company
- Advise on General Hygiene of the Establishment
- The identification and analysis of professional
- Participate in improvement health relate work condition & Environment of staff in collaboration with HR & HSeQM Service
- Report on medical monitoring activities of IPC staff to the management
Candidate Profile :
- Medical Doctor diploma
- Strong leadership and team management
- Experiences in outpatient consultation and if possible, in Occupational Health activities
- High spirit of ethics, responsibility, and professionalism
- Proficiency in Khmer and English and/or French
- Good teamwork, good communication, meticulous, autonomous
- Good availability to ensure the relate activities
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The complete application includes a cover letter – with salary expectations, copies of diplomas if any, work certificates, curriculum vitae with a recent photo, Identity Card photocopy – all certified documents to the originals – are to be sent to the Human Resources department of Institut Pasteur du Cambodge #5, Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh or by email to: [email protected], phone number: 092 777 665.