Medical Doctor for Epidemiology and Public Health Unit - Clinical Research Group
Deadline: February 20th, 2024
The Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is a Cambodian non-for-profit research institution established in 1953, IPC is today a scientific research establishment declared of public utility placed under the high patronage of the Ministry of Health of the Kingdom of Cambodia and under the responsibility of the Institute Pasteur on the scientific and technical levels. The IPC is a member of the Pasteur Network, which brings together 33 institutes present on five continents. It shares the Pasteurian values and the ethical charter to which the Pasteur Institutes are bound. The IPC has more than 250 employees, including about 30 expatriates of 10 nationalities and includes 5 research units. It carries out research activities in health biology, public health and service activities (Medical Biology Laboratory, vaccinations and water and food analyses) and training.
The Epidemiology and Public Health Unit of IPC conducts operational epidemiological and clinical research studies on infectious and emerging diseases in Cambodia. Within this unit, the Clinical Research Group mainly focuses on clinical research studies on HIV, tuberculosis, viral hepatitis, and some preventable and emerging infectious diseases. The aims are to improve the diagnosis, treatment and management of these diseases in the most vulnerable populations.
The lnstitut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is recruiting a full time Medical Doctor to work with the Clinical Research Group in the Epidemiology and Public Health Unit. The initial contract is offered for one year (renewable).
Recruitment conditions :
- Language required: Khmer and English
- References required
- Experience: at least 2 years in clinical research
- Available to start from 1st April 2024
Main responsibilities :
The Medical Doctor is based in Phnom Penh at the Institut Pasteur du Cambodge. He/she will play a leading role in the planning, coordination, implementation and follow-up of clinical research studies, within deadlines and targets, and will work with a multidisciplinary team. He/she will have specific knowledge of the regulations applicable to clinical research, at national and international level.
He/she will work under the supervision of the Head of the Clinical Research Group. He/she will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the implementation of protocols for clinical research projects
- Managing the smooth running of these projects, from conception to completion:
- Establish procedures to ensure compliance with research protocols and administrative requirements
- Ensure timely recruitment of study participants with secure randomization processes and effective subsequent data management
- Lead the recruitment, follow-up and retention of participants in the research projects
- Participate in the training and supervision of the project team members
- Ensure the clinical management of the participants in collaboration with the clinicians at the study sites and the Principal Investigator of the study and fill the serious Adverse Events (SAE) forms;
- Ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and good clinical practice (GCP), in line with current international standards as well as patient data protection standards
- Working in coordination with the study investigators and representatives of the national programs
Candidate Profile :
- Medical degree
- Experience in the clinical management of HIV and tuberculosis
- Experience in clinical research
- Demonstrated experience in budget preparation and follow-up of budget
- Ability to manage and lead teams
- In-depth knowledge of the medical and hospital environment
- Well organized with good communication skills
- Good team work, individual and good at time management
- Meticulous, autonomous, easy going, flexible
- Willing to learn and accept challenges
The complete application includes a cover letter – with salary expectations, copies of diplomas if any, work certificates, curriculum vitae with a recent photo, Identity Card photocopy – all certified documents to the originals – are to be sent to the Human Resources department of Institut Pasteur du Cambodge #5, Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh or by email to: [email protected], phone number: 092 777 665.