Clinical Research Assistant for Epidemiology and Public Health Unit
Deadline: February 16th, 2024.
The Institut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is a Cambodian non-for-profit research institution established in 1953, IPC is today a scientific research establishment declared of public utility placed under the high patronage of the Ministry of Health of the Kingdom of Cambodia and under the responsibility of the Institute Pasteur on the scientific and technical levels. The IPC is a member of the Pasteur Network, which brings together 33 institutes present on five continents. It shares the Pasteurian values and the ethical charter to which the Pasteur Institutes are bound. The IPC has more than 250 employees, including about 30 expatriates of 10 nationalities and includes 5 research units. It carries out research activities in health biology, public health and service activities (Medical Biology Laboratory, vaccinations and water and food analyses) and training.
The lnstitut Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC) is recruiting one full-time Clinical Research Assistant to work on clinical research studies for the Clinical Research Group of the Epidemiology and Public Health Unit on a half-year renewable contract. The position will be based in Siem Reap Province.
Recruitment conditions :
- Language required: Khmer, and English
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject of science and health
- At least 1-year experience and be able to start in March 2024.
Main responsibilities :
The Clinical Research Assistant will be based in Siem Reap at hospital/national institutes participating to clinical research. He/She will serve as a liaison between the hospital participating to the clinical research study and Institut Pasteur du Cambodge. He/She will work under the supervision of the Head of the Clinical Research Group.
- Coordinate the implementation of the research activities with the hospital study teams
- Perform a quality control during the conduction of the study: verification of documents and data at the clinical site
- Handle the resolution of queries generated by the Data manager
- Communicate with the clinical site staff to ensure a sufficient supply of materials
- Perform Data entry into the study database
- Fills up research files
- Conduct data collection for qualitative studies
- Performs other tasks related to Clinical Research Assistant duties assigned by the Head of the Clinical Research Group.
Candidate Profile :
- Experienced in hospital work, field work, preferably Nurse or Bachelor degree in life sciences
- Well organized and good communication skills, meticulous, autonomous
- Good team work
- Willing to travel
- Willing to learn, and undertake further training
- Able to work on own initiative as well as proven team building, creative, flexible and easy going
- Good at time management and being able to work under pressure
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, Power Point, Email
The complete application includes a cover letter – with salary expectations, copies of diplomas if any, work certificates, curriculum vitae with a recent photo, Identity Card photocopy – all certified documents to the originals – are to be sent to the Human Resources department of Institut Pasteur du Cambodge #5, Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh or by email to: [email protected], phone number: 092 777 665.