Since its creation, the Medical Laboratory (LBM) of Institut Pasteur du Cambodge has been committed to a quality approach according to practical standards, especially the standard ISO 15189. In 2018, our Laboratory became the first Cambodian laboratory to obtain accreditation in accordance with the recognized international standard NF EN ISO 15189 by COFRAC.
Quality management at LBM aims at ensuring, for all customers:
- Reliability and accuracy of test results
- Reliability and accuracy of internal and external quality control
- Continuous improvement to ensure consistent quality results
- Data traceability
- Quality of the service
- Satisfaction of clients
- Reliable results interpretation based on the up-to-date recommendation
- High level of technical skill of the staff
- Technological development
Always at the forefront of a quality service, LBM has set up its Quality Management System in order to ensure the required quality standard at pre-analytical (sample collection and transportation), analytical (testing) and post-analytical (result delivery and interpretation) level, as well as the continual improvements to ensure consistent quality results. Our Laboratory develops continuously its human and technical resources by imposing strict quality standards. Our aim is to meet expectations and satisfactions of all clients and to collaborate with our partners with confidence based on the quality of the work that we perform daily. Respectful of diversity and privacy, the laboratory management is also committed to ensuring that all biologists and employees respect the general principles of medical ethics and treat all of our patients fairly and without discrimination.
The organization of the laboratories is designed so that, in all working conditions, patient data is used only for strictly medical purposes. We do everything we can to keep the utmost confidentiality, whether at reception or at the reporting of results. Knowing that analytical activities present a potential risk of contamination, we are committed to having a health and safety policy providing all the necessary safety both for patients and staff. After treatment, the samples are safely disposed of according to the legislation in force by approved channels. Appropriate procedures are in place to ensure that personnel handle human samples, tissue or residues safely.
The Laboratory checks the accuracy of the analysis results by performing quality control:
- Internal: every analytical parameter is checked everyday
- External: by taking part in external quality assessments (certificates of participation enclosed) in order to compare ourselves with other laboratories:
- Association de Biologie Praticienne (ABP, France): hematology, serology, bacteriology, parasitology, mycology.
- Bio-Rad (USA): biochemistry
- Centre Toulousain pour le Contrôle de Qualité en Biologie Clinique (CTCB, France) : serology
- Centre Lyonnais pour la PROmotion de la BIOlogie et du contrôle de QUALité (PRO.BIO.QUAL, France): hematology, coagulation, immunology
- College of American Pathologists (CAP, USA): mycobacteriology
- External Quality Assurance (EQUAS) : bacteriology
- UK-NEQAS (Great Britain): CD3/CD4/CD8 lymphocytes
- The Research Institute of Tuberculosis (Supranational Laboratory-Japan)/ National Center for Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control (NTP-Cambodia) (RIT/CENAT) : mycobacteriology
- Quality Assessment and Standardization for Immunological Measures (QASI) : immunology
- Roche External Quality Control Programm in Clinical Chemistry (REQC) : Biochemistry.
Our continuous quality improvement approach is supported by a quality management system combining several actions:
- Writing and systematic diffusion to the staff of the quality documents (standard operating procedure (SOP), …)
- interpretation of the results of the quality controls
- Maintenance of the devices (internal maintenance and maintenance contracts with the suppliers approved by manufacturers)
- Stock management of reagents (software used to avoid stock shortage and expiration of reagents)
- Real time monitoring of the temperature of thermal enclosures (use of a specific software).
A plan for in-house training of the staff, as well as a technological development monitoring, allow us to maintain our high level of technical skill and to control our analytical tool.
We want to meet our patients’ expectations and to collaborate with our partners in a climate of confidence based on the quality of the work that we run daily.